Re: EMC modes

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Darrell wrote:
> Does this mean that you can not start a G41 positioning move
> on a G00 move?
> Darrell

Short answer is no you can not.

If I try to run this code, I get an error that says I can't use cutter
compensation with g0.

n01 g0 x1 z-1
n02 g1 f50 g41 d1 x2
n03 f10 x3
n04 g0 z0
n05 x0 y1
n06 g40

This error message is triggered by line n04.

Both the nist interpreter pages and my own (see linuxcnc.org/handbook)
say that you can but I think that we must be writing about the NEXT
next generation controller.  This new interpreter is running and has been
tested but has not been built in to the Sept release. Only the NIST folk
can say when it will be available.

Thanks again to:
 -Thomas R. Kramer
 -Frederick M. Proctor
 -Elena Messina
for the excellent document that describes this new interpreter.