Re: EMC Hexapod page for the handbook

Hallo Ray!
I didnt forget your requests. I just have had no time yet to write as much as
should be written.
I am working at university of Stuttgart, at the Institute for Control
Engineering of Machine Tools and Manufacturing Units (
http://www.isw.uni-stuttgart.de ).
I have built up a huge Parallelkinematics machine (6 axes, 18tons, 4.5m high,
27kw Spindle) on which i am doing measurements for calibration now.
I have had quite a lot of contact with control problems concerning Hexapods
and all pkm (parallelkinematics Machines).

At home i am building a small hexapod for fun, that is driven by steppers and
EMC. I wrote the kinematic transformations and they seem to work properly. The
stepper driver card was designed an soldered by me using controller-driver
chips from ericsson. I am not an expert in electronics so this euro-size card
looks quite weird. But it works. I think the simplicity of this design makes
it a good choice for people who want a simple test setup. I cant do layouting,
etching and that sort of work, at least ive never done it.

I will send you more detailed information and photos soon.
attached is a short film of my big milling machine.
Till

Ray wrote:

> List
>
> I'd like to draw together information for a comprehensive hexapod page for
> the handbook.  I should have taken notes while Dave was thrashing this out
> for NAMES but there were just to many people with questions.
>
> If you would all post sources, links, pointers to archived messages,
> experience, even tales from the shop/lab/bench/show,  I'll connect all of
> your stuff in one large resource file on the handbook.  From that we can
> begin to bring together a set of how-to pages under the principles of
> operation heading in Installation.
>
> Ray

Mvc-087w.mpg