Re: run errors with new install

Ray wrote:

> It works.  Okay.  I can live with having to run the emc as the same user
> as the x terminal.  Doesn't seem like I used to have to.

I don't know why it used to run OK, but if you want to let another user
bring up X clients, have the owner of the X session do "xhost +". You
can also say, "xhost + username", where username is the one who's
getting rejected. Without the username, it opens up your X server to
anyone, like someone with an X client that brings up a full-screen
transparent window and who will secretly capture your input.

--Fred