Re: emc & rtlinux questions and suggestions

Hi,
this is an interesting delema and I can see where it could cause
some problems any way you go with it

youre realy working with four diffrent projects that are only slightly
related but get mearged in EMC ,using tools from a fifth-
EMC,the Linux kernel,the realtime kernel extensions,the
realtime control system library and the GNU compiler tools

as you are currently using a pre-release version of rtlinux
I would talk to those guys to see if your changes can be
folded into the final release of RTL-3

and with work on the 2.2.x  kernels winding down to bugfixes
it might be better to shoehorn the EMC code to work with
the stock realtime kernel for those versions for now ,with
the posibility if an EMC specific patch later if needed

I can apreciate all the work you have been putting into this
dont wear yourself out ;-)
--
Brian