Re[2]: emc build questions

hello will;

i figured out alot of things last night
during an "all-nighter".

i am slowly but surely understand the makefiles
and *.def files. (had to pull out the green make
book last night ;-) )

i do have a question about the use of
'rtlinux' in makefiles and *.defs.

there are now three version of rtlinux:
rtlinux-0.x, rtlinux-2.x, rtlinux-3.x.
rtlinux, rtlinux2, rtlinux3.

would the ifeg(rtlinux, $findstring(rtlinux,$(PLAT)))
cover all of the versions?

the rcslib/src/cms/Makefile needed changing to
understand about there being rtlinux2 & rtlinux3.
this was the major culpurit of copying *.cc & *.c
files to rcslib/plat/rtlinux_3_0/src.

there is still more confusion concerning
asm/io.h and sys/io.h.

part of the problem too was the way the 2.4 linux
kernels are labeled.
2.4.0-test1 becomes 2.4.0-test1-rtl3.0
2.4.0-test9 becomes 2.4.0-test9-rtl3.0

i have changed the shell scripts that dealt with
determining PLAT and RTPLAT to allow for the
'-test?' added piece.

i am hoping to check my source in sometime this
weekend.