6 steppers

Hi!
I am trying to drive 6 Steppers with the EMC.
4 work an 2 donīt.
I suppose this is because the pins for stepper 4 and 5 (5th and 6th) are
electrically different from the others. I read they are open collector LS TTL.
When trying to measure the voltage of pin 1, that is suposed to carry dir
signal of motor 4, i received nothing at all.
Has anyone 6 Steppers connected to EMC? How did you connect the last 2 of
them? Do I need a driver that makes the signal stronger? I want to interface
to an ericsson stepper motor Driver. This works fine with the first 4 Motors.
Thanks for help
Till