argh!!!! alpha crashed argh!!!!

hello;

well i thought i would have some good news
concerning get linux-2.2.17, rtlinux-2.3, and,
emc-0.9-25 release working on the alpha, but
instead the floppy drive died suddenly and crashed
the entire box. i attempted to boot up linux
but it would not boot, i was able to boot winnt-alpha,
and it complained rather loudly about numerous hardware
missing. my son and i troubleshot it for over two hours
trying to find what caused the crash. there was a spare
harddrive in the alpha already so as i type this i am
that i can access the original /usr/src disk and save the
work.

the post mortem on the floppy drive would seem to indicate
that it shorted out and thereby shorting the power supply
the power supply circuit breaker tripped. (not very fault
tolerant ;-) ) other example that smoke is what makes computers
work, once the smoke is let out they stop working. ;-)

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

digging deep, i feel my conscience burn
i need to know who and what i am
this hunger jolts me from complacency
rocks me, makes me meet myself