TMG stepper controller with EMC?

I am currently running a stepper controller and software package as follows:
The Motion Group, model CNC2.0 QDHLST. This is a 3 axis controller attached
to a Shop Task mill/drill/lathe running 3 size 34 steppers. The interface is
through a standard printer cable with some kind of proprietary bit banging.
I would like to convert to the EMC software, as I am a software developer
and the open source of EMC will allow me to customize the program as
required. The software controlling the stepper drivers is written by the
MAXNC people but I know it is a different hardware interface than the
standard MAXNC products. I have been lead to believe that it is not a step
and direction type of interface. BTW, I did a lot of the graphical front-end
for the latest MAXNC software package.

Is there any information on the TMG controllers?

Has anyone interfaced this unit to EMC?

Lawrence Glaister VE7IT             email: lg-at-jfm.bc.ca
1462 Madrona Drive                  http://jfm.bc.ca
Nanoose Bay BC Canada
V9P 9C9