Re[1]: building emc-0.9-25.src.tgz on alpha & pentium

hello ray;

i will answer the iosh.cc & /usr/include/sys/io.h
problem online since others may also see it.

it appears that /usr/include/sys/io.h has syntax
errors in it.
several places have "::" when it should be ": :"

in other words:
coloncolon is bad
colonspacecolon is good

take a look at lines 98, 104, 111, 118,125, & 131
in /usr/include/sys/io.h.

once that is fixed iosh.cc compiles.
there are some other changes to iosh.cc but they
are mainly comestic.

one thing i have had to do on the alpha is go through
the emc source code and put conditionals around the
include statements which are including a file from
/usr/include/linux or /usr/include/asm. with glibc
a.k.a libc6 and the newer compilers this is just
asking for problems.

i have been playing with the sim.ini file to see
what is causing the 'canned' programs to fail.
it seems to be the max_velocity value.
i have set it extremely low (0.01235) and it still
fails.

i will look into the sourceforge developer idea.

ray, i will also send you the files privately.