Re: building emc-0.9-25.src.tgz on alpha & pentium

Terry

Could you explain how you fixed each of these files.  Or as an
alternative, copy them to me off list so I can compare and learn.

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Terry wrote:
> hello;

<S>

> there were problems with the setversion script
> which i fixed.

/usr/local/nist/emc/src/emcio/iosh.cc
> complained about syntax errors in /usr/include/sys/io.h.
> after checking my other machines it looked like there
> were syntax errors in /usr/include/sys/io.h. i corrected
> the errors and iosh.cc compiled with no further complaints.

This is the one that is really upsetting my install at the moment but I
don't know enough about header files to fix it myself.  What is wrong with
lines 98, 104, 111, 118:,125, & 131.

> the one problem, again which i have not spent time
> troubleshooting, is that none of the 'canned' programs
> run correctly. when running the 'canned' programs
> numerous "axis" errors come up.

I've also had this problem on occasions.  I don't think that the sim axis
PID's are correct to produce smooth motion and when you try to run a
canned program at full speed they crap out.

I didn't try to fix this or say anything 'cause I thought it might be just
me.  Someone reported that they seemed to work for them.

If you are not already on the sourceforge developer list, would you be
willing to be a developer.  Then you can directly submit your changes to
the code.  I wrote a very low level description of the process of
becomming a developer that is available on
linuxcnc.org/handbook/part3/developer.html  I'm sure that you could skim
most of my travails.

I'm sure the nist folk would welcome you at sourceforge.  Hey they let me
submit and I'm on the idiots and dummies guide stage -- and I think one of
the horses just pulled up lame.