EMC success stories?

Pico Systems is a (very) small company, basically just one
person, Jon Elson.  I had a very old, manual, Bridgeport milling
machine. I obtained a 1978-vintage Allen-Bradley 7320 CNC control,
and retrofitted the Bridgeport machine.  It worked, but the
ancient CNC control was sluggish, inaccurate and limited
in features, as well as unreliable.  I had product demonstrations
and quotes from several companies selling retrofit kits, and
the prices were well above what I could afford.

I migrated to EMC about July, 1998, and have been very
successful with it.  It is not a 'production' machine, in the sense
that it is used 5 days a week, but it is the only mill I have, and
I do all work on it, from drilling a single hole to cutting complex
shapes.

I manufacture nuclear instrumentation equipment for basic
nuclear research laboratories, and have designed several
parts that would be difficult to machine manually.  I mill, drill
and tap these parts using EMC.

Jon Elson