Re[1]: emc on microway alpha pc?

hello;

this would be the test box for the bridgeport
boss conversion. the bridgeports all have steppers.
i am going to drive the bridgeport with two
parallel ports. i need to order some of the least
expensive isa cards. if one happens to get blown
i would rather lose an inexpensive isa card then
a motherboard. could still lose the motheboard if
the isa parallel port card is hit hard enough, but
the risk is less.

in talking with matt shaver concerning intel hardware
limiting the ability of emc to drive steppers currently
i was thinking of trying the alpha since the hardware
is a little different and should not be the limiting
factor. matt, sent me an excel spreadsheet which showed
the limits under intel hardware.