Re: Spindle motor control problems

Jon

I tested the brake and spindle problem with no LUBE_WRITE_INDEX
defined and Fred is correct, it does trash spindle reverse in mdi and
auto.  When I set LUBE_WRITE_INDEX = 12 spindle commands seem to work fine.

If you have scripts enabled on your system, you may be able to see the
bits change by running IO_Show.

I did this with bridgeporttask and bridgeportio.   When I did it with
bridgeporttask and tkio, I found that axis motion did not wait for the
spindle to start so during the delay between brake off and spindle on, the
axis was already dragging the tool through the workpiece.

There were a couple other tiny problems with tkio.  I'll get 'em fixed.

Ray