emc-0.9-25.src.tgz

I placed the above file (~2.5 meg) in the dropbox at linuxcnc.org.  It
compiled without major problems on both Mandrake 7.0 using rtlinux-2.2a and
RedHat 2.0.36 using rtlinux-0.9J.  I have been running with it for a while
and it seems okay.  You may experience occasional mbuff problems with
the 2.2 kernel.

This release includes the probing function and some interesting info under
the help menu.  Probing is briefly described in the handbook.

Put it in a clean directory under /usr/local/nist??   You will need to
issue two commands.

tar xzvf emc*
./install

This install compiles both the rcslib and the emc and writes several error
log files.  This should take about 20 min.

I don't recommend that you clean a working EMC, rather install it in a
parallel directory.  Let me know what your experience with it is.