Re: Stepper controllers?

I purchase two K109 kits from http://www.oatleyelectronics.com/
Also got the german printer for the stepper motors.
I have been experimenting with the EMC software and driving these stepper
motors with
these boards.
They are not directly compatible with the EMC software but I modified the
parport.c file
to look correct to the emc software but also drive the boards correctly.
This involves keeping
some state in the parport.c file.
I used the K109 kit because it was cheap and handled two stepper motors per
board
with a total of 4 motors being controlled from one parallel port.
You should still be able to use the inputs on the parallel port to handle
home and limits.

I intend to get these stepper motors working on my Hercus horizontal mill.

I am running the emc software on a 486 with 32M of memory. I must admit a
486 does
well running linux.

Karl.

"David Preston" <Dpreston-at-netlink.com.au>-at-nist.gov on 25/09/2000 21:28:07

Please respond to emc-at-nist.gov

Sent by:  emc-at-nist.gov