Re: dispatcher functions errors

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 01:10:04 -0400 (EDT), garrett beaubien said:

>  Hello,
>
>  I was wondering if anyone on this list had any
>  experience writing their own dispatcher functions.  I
>  have written them for my hardware, compiled them,
>  edited the emc.ini file to include my module, but when
>  I run EMC, it gives me an error saying that
>  "plat/rtlinux_2_2/mymodule.o does not exist or is not
>  executable".
>
>  I took a look in the directory, and my module was
>  there, and looked about the same size as the other
>  modules (stgmod.o for example).  I tried this on two
>  occasions.  First I made sure that the stg module
>  worked.  I edited the ampfault function so that I can
>  run EMC with this module, home any axis, and jog it
>  (and see the commanded position increase).  Then I
>  copied stg.c to mymot.c, stg.h to mymot.h, and
>  extstgmot.c to extmymot.c.  Then the only thing I
>  changed in the files themselves were the #include's to
>  mymot.h
>
>  The second time, I took the extstgmot.c copied it into
>  extmymota.c, and stubbed out all functions (ie. return
>  0 for all) except for the functions that return the
>  number of DAC's and Encoders.  for those I returned 3.
>
>  In both cases, I updated the Makefile so that I could
>  compile them (make PLAT=rtlinux_2_0 all).
>
>  I was wondering if this might have something to do
>  with the ident string that is at the top of the
>  dispatcher implementation c files?
>
>  Thank you in advance for any help,
>  Garrett.

In the .run file there are lines that look like this:

case $emcmot in
  stgmod.o|stg2mod.o|stg8mod.o)

 . . .

  minitetra.o)

I think you need to either add a line for mymodule.o or add mymodule.o to one
of the existing lines.

Unfortunately although there is a default at the end, it looks like it is only
likely to work with non-realtime programs rather than real-time modules.

	*)
	 . . .