Re: new EMC distribution/site

Ian Wright wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've still got prblems I don't understand. I have done a search on my
> machine for rtl_sched and rtl_time and drawn a blank - no such modules
> anywhere. This seems a bit daft as I thought they were the basis of RTLinux!
> So, it makes me wonder what is going on with the RTLinux kernel rpm. When I
> installed this rpm it certainly put a new, ready compiled kernel in there
> and, when I boot now it tells me I am running RTLinux 2.2 but, if it hasn't
> got the sched and time modules how can it hope to operate?

Your pre-compiled RT kernel may have the real time modules permanently
installed in the kernel.  I haven't run one that way, but I suspect it is
possible
to do it that way.  I would try the insmod commands to install the modules
that run under the real time subsystem, and see if they complain, or start
running.  I suspect they will find the correct services available and will
start running just fine.  There should be some test programs that wiggle a
pin on the parallel port and try to talk through the PC speaker to demonstrate
the RT services are working.