Re: Steppermod.o problem

David Johnson wrote:

> I have just downloaded the 11 Aug Release and have installed it. My problem
> is that when I run emc.run it returns with a message that steppermod.o
> cannot be found.
> I've checked and it hasn't been compiled.
>
> Question is how or where do I set the
> -DSTEPPERMOTORS flag to make it compile correctly.

It should have been compiled, and since it wasn't there may be some
Linux configuration problem.

I recompile using the makefiles, like this:

cd /usr/local/nist/emc/src
make PLAT=rtlinux_2_2 all

This should recompile everything needed for the rtlinux_2_2 platform. I
don't know which one you're using; it could be rtlinux_09J, or
rtlinux_2_0.

You can trap the output of this by running "script", which captures
terminal IO. Then, you can do a postmortem and figure out what error
aborted the compile. Stick the script at the end of an email and we can
look it over. To script the above commands, do this:

you> script
Script started, file is typescript
you> make PLAT-rtlinux_2_2 all
...bunch of output...