Re: DAC to feed rate.

Tom Freedy wrote:

>   Jon,
>
>  I still can't figure this out.
> If I want to do a line at 200 IPM, 50% of max (400 IPM)
> with output scale at 0.058 to produce a 5v DAC what
> would I set acc & vel to to produce this? Or am I missing
> something else?

ACC and VEL?  What are these?  Are you talking about
pots on the servo amps?

Tuning the servo amps is a big topic.  But, if there is
a velocity gain pot on the servo amp, you would set it so
that a 5 V input will give 200 IPM motion (without
the computer connected).  The ACC, if that is the
servo amp loop compensation, would be set to give the
best response - quick response to velocity command changes,
but no instability.  You will almost certainly need a storage
oscilloscope to do the servo tuning.