Re: Floppy-EMC? and some other questions

> On Mon, 04 Sep 2000, Brian wrote:
> > I like a graphic interface as much as the next guy but I dont see it as a
> > major requirement on a CNC control
> > and with the current EMC GUIs requiring 800x600 minimum screen
> > resolution they rule out using the vga16 server and make the installation
> > that much more dificult for Linux newbies

It can be crushed down to arbitrary resolution.  I haven't had the time
to do it properly, but I did reduce the size just enough to make it
functional on the 640 x 480 default resolution.  Fred Proctor pointed
me to the place where the fonts are called up in the old Xemc gui.
I'm sure there is a similar section in the TkEmc GUI that selects
several fonts to be used for various parts of the display.  The thing
that eats much of the space is the axis displays.  If these fonts are
cut down to a more reasonable size, and maybe drop the size of
the other fonts one notch, it should work fine in 640 x 480.  If the
screen is set up for a 1024 x 768 virtual screen and mouse-autopanning,
then the current arrangement works fine, but you have to scroll
around to get to some parts of the display.