tetra transformations

Hallo Brian and emc list!
I have coded your trafo in matlab and i coded another trafo in matlab that uses the quaternion representation directly. They BOTH work well. Yours is quite tricky. I have never seen that way to do it.
I coded a third trafo that doesn`t work that good. I have them at home and will send them to you tomorrow. What was the problem with your trafo? As far as i have tested it, it converges quite stably. And in the cases it didn`t, there was a singularity. I did not test very much, but is it possible that you made a forward trafo in situations where there simply is no solution? If the algorithm detects that, what is supposed to happen? I think the drives should not move and the worker should get a warning message. Then he can go back in machine coordinates and go somewhere else.

till