Re: EMC on a 386 and a remote TkEMC under Win98?

(Sorry about the formating for these replies; I was using the web E-mail
archive but am now subscribing to the list so I can quote properly)

>From: shackle <shackle-at-cme.nist.gov>

>>On Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:16:59 -0400 (EDT), Scott Stephens said:

>>  Can I and how do I:
>
>>  Run TkEMC, and a backplotter, under Win98?

>I think you need to.

>1. Get tcl/tk setup on your win98.

Did that. Tried once to compile the TkEMC.Tcl but gave up when I saw stuff
about linux in it.

>2. Get a copy of emcsh.exe

What is that? Where can I get it?

>3. Run the backplotter with a command something like this:

 emcsh.exe tkbackplot.tcl -- -ini something.ini

>>  Where do I get the Windows TkEmc.exe?
>>  The link at http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/projects/emc/wintkemc.html is
broke,
>>  but may be working soon.

>I don't think the link is broken. I tried it just a second ago and it
appeared
>to work.
>Under Netscape, I needed to hold the shift key down when I clicked  to
prevent
>he browser from trying to interpret the .exe as html. I am not sure if
there
>is a similiar problem/work around for internet explorer.

Tried again, to no avail. Maybe someone could mail me it?

Thanks,

Scott Stephens