Re: EMC Homing Switches

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

> >Spehro
> >
> >Well If I need to home all 3 axis', and I home X first, pin 12 will go to
> >ground through X Axis homing switch when it gets home. Now, how will EMC
> see Y axis
> >switch transition to ground when it already grounded through the X switch?
>
> If it homes the X axis by running it in until the switch closes and then
> back until it opens then there will be no problem.
>
> But I don't know what the default behavior actually is yet. ;-)
>
> Best regards,

Spehro, Dan, Ian

Well I couldn't figure this out until I clicked on send for the last message
I sent. By then it was too late. As you guys pointed out, just move the
previously homed axis off the home position and do each axis the same.
Sometimes I overlook the obvious.

Dancam has 3 separate inputs for for X, Y, Z axis home switches and only
1 input for limit. EMC has 1 input for home and 2 for limit, one positive
and one negative. The emc web site says there are 5 inputs per parallel
port, so it seems as though there would be enough for + and - limit
and one for each home switch. Here's a quote from EMC site.

"The EMC mapping compromises for 3 axes of stepper motor control, with all
positive limit switches being mapped to one input, all negative limit
switches being mapped to another input, and all home switches being mapped
to a third input. Other permutations are possible, of course, and can be
changed in the software."

Anyone know what file the assignments for home switches is in?

Bill