Re: New User

 Thanks Jon for the fast reply.  I guess I should have posted more
information on the machine.  The Westamp amps do have +/- 10 V input signal.
The encoders are quadrature encoders.  The machine is huge weighs more than
2,000 pounds and is only 2 axis.  The work area is 4' x 8'.  The X axis has
dual racks and the Y axis only has one rack.  The backlash is under .01.
This machine is used for sign making and I don't really need high accuracy.
  I am in process of d/ling the Jun 2000 release for emc and the prepatched
rtkernel.  I am gonna try the RedHat 6.1 installation first.  Is  there a
reason that you use RH 5.2?  I do have both versions of RH.
   Thanks
    Joseph Bury Jr.