Re: Silly question

Speaking of Arnie, I just realized I have missed his posts.

Steve

----------
From: Dan Falck <dfalck-at-sprynet.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <emc-at-nist.gov>
Subject: Re: Silly question
Date: Friday, July 14, 2000 8:26 PM

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is the handbook the same as the report and the same as the manual?
>
> Regards,
>
> Terry

No, it isn't.  The "Handbook" came from Arnie and Ray's idea for a
"cookbook"
for EMC.  It was meant to be a "howto" from a different point of view- than
the
NIST help files and HTML pages.  I set up the domain names "linuxcnc.org,
linuxcnc.net, and linuxcnc.com" for it and then settled on the *.org for
the
site.  Steve Stallings offered the space on his server for free and it was
up
and running.  Ray Henry has done 95% of the work on the handbook (and done
mighty fine job).

The "report" was done by Karl Klemm as a college project.  It describes how
EMC could be used (and is being used) by small businesses. There is also a
chapter on setting up a Bridgeport mill at the school.  Karl was gracious
enough
to upload the whole thing for us into the "Dropbox" directory.

All of the stuff going into the linuxcnc.org web site has been done by
people
like Steve, Ray, Tim, Jon, Arnie, Will, Fred and Karl, on a voluntary
basis.

Thanks guys!

Dan