Secure EMC Run - 2

Running EMC as an operator rather than as root works well for the basic
system using the file access procedures as outlined by Fred and Will.  I
revised the handbook page and will produce an edited version as soon as
I get other problems ironed out.

I found two indicators that all is not well with iosh when I try to extend
EMC using it.

1 - The IO_Show.tcl script that uses iosh does not show parallel port pin
values as it does when run as root.

2 - When I try to run tkio as operator ray I get the following response:

Current platform is linux_2_2_14
Current real-time platform is rtlinux_2_2
inivar = plat/linux_2_2_14/bin/inivar
INIFILE = tk.ini
starting emc...
starting freqmod.o...done
starting tkio...done
starting minimilltask...done
running tkemc...
not privileged to access IO-- disabling IO

What can I do as an immediate fix for this iosh problem?

What are the potential hazards that might be created by adding these
additional privileges to the operator group?