EMC software copyright, etc.

EMC folks,

The EMC software was written by us U.S. government employees, and is not
subject to copyright. It's public domain. If we tried to keep it out of
your hands we couldn't, because of the Freedom of Information Act.

You can do anything you want with it, like give it away, sell it,
whatever. You can't copyright it yourself.

You can put an EMC on a machine tool and resell it, as some of you have
done. This is great. You can make an easy-install CD and sell this for
big bucks, no problem.

We wrote this to support our work testing plug-and-play standards for
machine tools and robots. There's no warrantee, support, or anything
like that. The emc-at-nist.gov mailing list is the support, and it's
working great.

--Fred