Re: EMC - a practical implementation?

"Stephen B. Patterson" wrote:

> Dan,
>
> Add up the emotional cost of learning and using a new operating
> environment.  How many hours did you spend at it?
> Add up the hours you spent in getting EMC to work.
> Add up the hours you will spend in the future on bug fixing and new release
> installs and compiles.
>
> Is EMC a hobby for you?  If so, congrats on your new-found hobby.
>
> But if you are using it commercially, what is the value of your time?
>
> My point is that my time is valuable and I refuse to do testing and
> debugging of ANY software for free.

Absolutely FINE!  No Problem!  I had MillTronics out to look at
their MillRight system.  (I think that's the one that demo'ed for me.)
It was a VERY attractive, G-code plus conversational programming
system!  Beautiful!  But, it was $13,000 for a 2-D system!
That's real money to me!  And, far out of my budget.