Re: EMC - a practical implementation?

Ray,

Nope, no software religionist am I.   And since those at NIST have not seen
fit to use the same type of development environment as Mr. Torvalds, I see
no common benefit, and refuse to be snookered by an enticing piece of free
software (Gosh, wouldn't it be neat if it worked on MY machine?)

But, regardless of whether or not the software is free or costs a thousand
dollars a copy, I refuse to compile, test and debug someone else's software
for free.  I do believe that my time and effort (and your time and effort)
are best spent elsewhere.

Do you think these NIST software gurus think that ALL of us are that gullible?

And I've only been in the business since 1975.

StevieB