RE: EMC - a practical implementation?

At 08:00 PM 7/12/2000 -0400, you wrote:

The EMC software was recommended by an acquaintance as a possible new
software control environment for a new nine-inch diameter, indexing table
using a Lorentz-physics SEMA rotary electrical device design from Lynx
Motion Technology Corp. This gearless indexer will have a servomotor with
75 - 100 pound feet of holding and turning torque, turn at up to 540 RPM
and have a radial positional accuracy of as high as 2 arc-seconds.  The
project is designed to introduce high precision machining capabilities to
the hobbyist machinist.

While this machine tool accessory can easily be built by the average
home-shop machinist, I'm not sure that the suggested EMC control
environment is all that ready for this type of device.

Steve