Re: STG2

I certainly have stirred things up, haven't I?  This is where I'm at....

I changed the Input Scale to (-) in the .ini file, and it seems to have
worked.  I didn't know that it could be done, until I saw a sample file on
one of the EMC sites.  I guess it makes sense though, because the motor is
located on the back of the machine, whereas a retrofit would most likely have
the motor on the front.(?)  That's the good news.

The bad news is, I've discovered the problems with EMC and the encoders doing
funky things.  I went back to the X axis, to fine tune it, because it is
rather jittery when I jog - it bounces instead of running smoothly.  As I was
trying to adjust the tach and signal on the amp, the readout somehow went to
-20.0000 and is stuck there, even when I restart.  Whenever I try to jog, it
will now go to 0 and "freeze" there - it then gives me a following error and
all of the axes "blip" and that's all she wrote.  I can't get a response out
of any of the axes, and I end up having to shutdown and restart EMC (a couple
of times I even had to restart the computer).  I don't know if there is any
correlation between the -20.000 and the fact that I have +/-10 in the
Max/MinLimits in the .ini file.  I should be able to override and jog past
(?).

Fred and Will are receptive to having me send the STG2 board up there, so I
might go ahead and do it.  That would definitely allow them to test the
driver and verify the issues that Jon was talking about.  In addition, does
anyone know where I can get the Dec release?  It isn't on the NIST site,
anymore.

It should be illegal to have this much fun.....

-John