Re: STG2 Outputs

JohnDRoc-at-aol.com wrote:

> Jon,
>
> I think I may have a bad STG board.  When I run the diagnostics program that
> comes with the board, specifically the I/O test, it should read 1's across
> all 32 bits and then they should go to zero when grounded.  Mine doesn't; it
> starts out with mixed ones and zeros.

Well, if the pullup resistors aren't working (or don't exist) then random, and
changing bits would not be a surprise.  But, when grounded, the digital
inputs should all read a steady value, that is certain.

>   Looking at the STG board,
> several of the IC's appear to be "scuffed."  Perhaps this is a board that was
> supposed to have been scrapped and got shipped by mistake, or perhaps this is
> retribution for the stink I made when the first one took three weeks to
> overnight.  Oh well, here goes another three weeks....

Well, it is possible that someone damaged the board in handling, or with ESD,
or an improper connection, and then it got sent to you, because they were
short of totally new units.  Hope they get it fixed and back to you soon.