RE: Renishaw scales giving 5.0 um to 0.2 um

> Stepper Motors:
> If I install steppers, then I can buy Dan Mauch's
> 4 axis board, which feed backs to EMC  (but how,
> is it an ISA board like Kaluga's http://www.mcs.net/~kulaga/dro.html
> and does EMC recognize it?).

Dan's stepper controller (or anyone else's for that matter) is not what
provides the feedback to EMC. That is done through a DRO card. EMC has a
motion control module that is designed to work with the DRO card designed by
Tom Kulaga. Dan offers a PCB and kit of the Tom Kulaga DRO card that is
about the same cost as you would pay to just buy the components to do it
with wire wrap and it goes together far faster.

Tim
[Denver, CO]