new EMC release

I just put a new version of EMC (for linux_2_2_13 only) on the FTP site.

I added the emcbin-05-May-2000.tgz with precompiled binaries instead of the
usual source code.

I am not sure how long it will take the for the Web/FTP masters here to make
it publically accessible, (yesterday they shutdown my direct access to the FTP
site in fear of the ILOVEYOU virus,) but I think it will be available later this
afternoon.

Changes include:
1. Took out the rest of the file open dialog mess in tkemc.tcl. Now
"open" just pops up the open dialog box without that other one. Also
fixed "can't open none" error printed out on first file open.

2. Support for minitetra.o motion controller in the generic.run
script. This is the cable-based hexapod. Also changed emcmot/Makefile
so that minitetra.o used frequency stepping.

3. Fixed missing "int" Tcl keyword in emcsh.cc for Win32 platform. Now
the tkemc.tcl script works on Windows. You'll need to set up your .nml
file properly so that the 'localhost' names are the actual network names of
the controller and GUI machines, the 'xemc' lines use REMOTE instead
of LOCAL, and uncomment EMCSERVER = emcsvr in your .ini file. You need
Tcl/Tk from www.scriptics.com (free) for your Windows machine, and you
can run the tkemc GUI remotely.

4. Fixed problems with [AXIS] MAX_VELOCITY values only affecting the
positive side of jogs.

5. Adds the emcstripchart program. The source code for emcstripchart is
  in emc/src/stripchart. It is not compiled by default since it requires
  Gtk+ and Gnome libraries. (See emcstripchart.html for complete description and
instructions.)

6. Adds the simmod.o module. This is a realtime version of emcmotsim. (The
motion system runs in real-time but outputs to simulated motors.) The
non-realtime task inisim reads the .ini file and passes the
encoder/motor/amplifier parameters to the realtime simulator one time. The
non-realtime program simctrl provides a graphical means to monitor the
simulation and change the parameters on the fly.

7. There was a bug fix in iniaxis.cc that could have previously prevented
changes to some of the axis variables from being written back to the ini file,
in dumpAxis().

8. The current following error was added as a variable to the EMCMOT_STATUS and
to NML status and what was called ferror was renamed ferrorHighMark to more
accurately reflect what it was.

9. Changed the  makefiles to dynamically link the RCS library rather than
statically. This reduces the size of most of non-realtime emc binaries, allows
more debugging info with gdb, and allows you to possibly change the RCS library
version without recompiling EMC.

William Penn Shackleford III			shackle-at-nist.gov
National Institute of Standards & Technology	Tel:	(301) 975-4286
100 Bureau Drive Stop 8230  			FAX:	(301) 990-9688
Gaithersburg MD  20899  USA
http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/personnel/shackleford/
Office Location: Bldg. 220 Rm A253