Re: porting new D/A boards to EMC

 Doug Fortune wrote:
> In my latest round of brainstorming how to get servo's going on the cheap,
> I had an idea as I came across:
     some cheap boards that looked pretty good.  Unfortunately you are going
to have to do something to change the voltage levels i think since 0-5v is
pretty useless as it stands.
The only thing i might suggest is that you get the Kaluga boards from Dan
Mauch.  As long as yer porting the code, the computer doesn't know the input
ports are on a different board...and afaik the DRO boards are supported
under EMC.  This is my plan unless something better comes along.
The porting doesn't look so bad to me, especially after writing the control
code for my fatigue machine, which likes to smash things (70,000lbs
uncontrolled is an ugly thing even if it _is_ kinda slow).  I woulda ported
emc to some keithley d/a boards, but this stinking phd i'm trying to finish
is getting in the way:(
eric