Re: thanks, NC subprograms and tangential axis

Max

At 08:16 AM 5/3/2000 -0400, you wrote:
<snipped>
>The 1sec dwell time is no problem, and with a small perl program I could
convert
>all subprogram calls into gosubs.

This sounds interesting but I don't understand it.

While there are many machines that can run subroutines and that use other
nc words to call them, I wanted to preserve the RS274NGC language as much
as possible.  So I chose to place my call in the comment because EMC does
not evaluate anything (except msg,) that exists between ().

If I were to arbitrarily expand the EMC dictionary by adding words that I
strip off before I send a program to the interpreter, I'd break things like
the verify function and the restart from line function.

>> When EMC idles after the subprogram, the GUI again resets the interpreter
>> and restarts the main program from the last active line + 1.
>
>What happens with the modes of the modal groups which are active before the
>gosub after the main program is restarted at last active line +1 ?

The restart of EMC with a line number included, reads all of the program
again and then takes off from the line that you give it.  That way it can
reset it's internal machine model.  This re-read would be annoying on a
long program but my expectation is that most main programs would be rather
short -- more of a traffic manager than a real big nc file.

I'll get Subroutine.tcl finished and sent with instructions and a sample
set of programs this weekend.