Latest try at emc...

Hi All,

I finally got enough time to mess around with my machine again. I found
one source of my following errors. If the input scale= and the output
scale= fields don't have the same sign they will stop an axis dead in
its tracks with following errors... I'm now able to use freqmod.o.

I still have trouble with lost steps at a direction change. With freqmod
it isn't a 100% every time thing like it was using steppermod.o.

How I tested for lost steps... I wrote a little program like this:

G90
G1F5Y0
Y.01
Y0
Y.01
Y0
And so forth about 15 times or more...
M2

A dial indicator keeps track of the steps. I use the speed override
slider to check different speeds. I only checked the y axis so far but
the other axes seem to behave the same.

I think my drivers need a little extra time to settle down at the
direction change and emc isn't giving it. I think the manual mentions
something like 20 microseconds. I haven't tried capacitors or pull up
resistors on the inputs yet but I may try that soon. BTW, I'm using
rtlinux2.0 and kernel 2.2.13.

Things are actually looking better.

Thanks,

Clint