Stg2-mm is the problem

Fred and list,

Recently I posted that I was having a problem with an STG2-board.  Well finaly I found the the cause to the problem.

The problem was that in Emc I was only able to trace encoder pulses to a speed of +/-500 mm/min.
Above this speed the readout freesed.

Input was set on 1000 with offset 0 and all units are set to 1,0 metric system.
The readout is correct. One encoder puls = 0,001mm.

Stg2diag tool gave out values like XXXX.000  where X is any number, but the zero's always stayd.
this tool gives always the correct output. Or is wrong for a factor of 1000

Now when changing the input to 10000 (or more) and an offset of  0 the problem is solved (no freesing anymore) but the readout is wrong. Stg2diag doesn't change in his indication.

So I think that Emc is wrong when making a conversion to mm. , when transforming counts in distance.

I tried changing the units by a factor of 10 to 1000 but I don't see any different results.

Can Anyone advice when running the stgdiag tool if you have a readout after the decimal point?

Are there people on this list living on this side of the ocean and working with metric system and encoders?

Thanks,

Jan.