From: Joel Jacobs <jj-at-netexp.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <emc-at-nist.gov>
Subject: Re: Minimum computer for freqmod?
Date: Monday, March 27, 2000 3:19 PM

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clint Bach" <clintbach-at-earthlink.net>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <emc-at-nist.gov>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2000 2:39 PM
Subject: Minimum computer for freqmod?

> Hi,
>
> I'm using a Pentium 166.  Is this too slow to run freqmod? Could this be
> why I get following errors?

I had it running on a pentium 100 but it wasn't too smooth.  You'll probly
have to get your PERIOD up to 75-100.  I broke down and went to a computer
show yesterday and got one of those cute little micro-ATX mainboards - a
fully integrated one with shared video and even LAN on board so I won't
need
ANY add-on cards.  I also got a AMD K6-II 500, 32 MB ram and a power supply
all for about $170.  I have the EMC running on it now and it's real smooth.
I'm going to mount this right into the NEMA box that my motor drivers will
go in.  The 2.2.13 kernel even had 'experimental' support for the
integrated
LAN chip.  It seems to work, I can FTP and Telnet into it ok.

> BTW, what are following errors, what settings in the ini file are
> related to following errors, what units are these fields in? (Or, for
> example, what does Max_Error = 0.000 do, what units does it use, and
> what other fields does it affect?)

If you loosen up the FERROR to about 1.00, set default and max acceleration
to about 1.5-2.0 and set p=60 i=0 d=0 and all the ffX=0 I think it will get
you running.

Joel