Re: PLAT=? .ini variables.

I made the mistake of adding one extra check at the last minute and I should
have tested it before sending the mail.

In sh and bash I should use only a single =, unlike csh that uses two  (atleast
inside if's).

So

if [ $PLATBASE == "linux" ] ; then

should be

if [ $PLATBASE = "linux" ] ; then

Attached is that modified generic.run

> Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:05:59 -0500 (EST)
> Originator: emc-at-nist.gov
> From: Ray Henry <rehenry-at-up.net>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <emc-at-nist.gov>
> Subject: Re: PLAT=? .ini variables.
>

> At 11:31 AM 3/27/2000 -0500, Will wrote:
>
> >The PLAT=? ini file variables are used to determine which directory the
> various
> >programs are run from.
> >
> >It seems to me that these are unnecessary since the run script could
> determine
> >these from a combination of the results from `uname' and  the programs name.
> >
> >Attached is an example generic.run script that does this and effectively
> ignores
> >the settings in the .ini files.
>
> Will +
>
> I tried it.  Renamed your file alt.run and copied one of my ini to alt.ini.
>  I removed all of the references to plat and it came up fine for both my
> minimill and the simulator.  I do get one unexpected report echoed.
>
> -----terminal output-----
> ./alt.run > alt.txt
> ./alt.run: [: ==: binary operator expected
> Current platform is linux_2_0_36
> Current real-time platform is rtlinux_09J
> inivar = plat/linux_2_0_36/bin/inivar
> INIFILE = alt.ini
> starting emc...
> starting emcmotsim...done
> starting simio...done
> starting minimilltask...done
> running tkemc...
> -------------------------
>
> The binary operator expected is the only response there that I don't
> understand.
>
> IMHO this run file would work great for those standard kinds of
> installations that use one pair of platforms on a single computer.
>
> Ray

William Penn Shackleford III			shackle-at-nist.gov
National Institute of Standards & Technology	Tel:	(301) 975-4286
100 Bureau Drive Stop 8230  			FAX:	(301) 990-9688
Gaithersburg MD  20899  USA
http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/personnel/shackleford/
Office Location: Bldg. 220 Rm A253

generic.run