Re: linux 2.2.13 and EMC, does anybody have instructions for a li nux newbie?

 Eding, Bert wrote:

 > I am a Newbie in using linux, but I managed to install redhat 6.1
 > Now I want to install rt-linux and EMC using steppermod (realtime and no
 > feedback, right?).
 > Can anybody tell me detailed how to proceed?

instructions for the RT-Linux part are in the "install.phil" file included
in the
RTL package,for redhat youll need the prepatched RT-kernel
when doing a compile or install its helpfull to redirect error mesages to a
file like so

./install 2>install.err

then you can open the err file and see what didnt work,its usualy a
missplaced file
somewhere and you will need to copy or link it to the right place.
the best sources for EMC installation instructions right now are the EMC
source code,
this list and the CCED list,just search for the words "install" and
"problems"
most of the EMC documentation is getting a bit dated,as can
be expected when trying to track several moving targets at once ie.
EMC,RT-Linux,the Linux kernel itself,4 to 5 UIs,and n+1 distros,not less
than 2
versions of each

Brian