Re: Homebrew STG card Update Cheap PCI Card

I haven't seen any discussion of the Sensoray board, does it have linux code
available?
 I was looking into pci the other night.  I was hoping to see something
about the pci board on John Storrs website, but there wasn't anything there,
so i would be interested in seeing it.  The only problem is, for cnc there
would have to be another daughter card with encoder/d/a converter, but i
guess we could use the Wilshire/Storrs design as a starting point.  Plxtech
has a special on some of the development stuff right now.  The other thing
is that it looks like the daughter card would be of the same order of
magnitude of effort as a complete pci card.

On a somewhat related note, i have been looking for a PCI card design in
orcad so i don't have to do all the grunt work myself.  Anyone know of one?

I have also been looking hard at the DSP arena recently.  Analog devices has
a 28 pin three phase output dsp that i would love to get my hands on.  I got
excited when i saw that one of the large chips has an encoder interface, but
it only has one.  The cool thing about AD is that the development tools are
free as far as i can tell.  Texas Instruments charges about 2000$us for
their development tools, but they are starting to come out with DSP models
that include the pci interface, so hopefully AD is going to follow in order
to keep up.

eric