Re: emc spindle

Ming Him Mak wrote:

> I need your help to setup spindle. So far I have setup three servo motor
> under rtl v1.3 and linux-3.0.36 with emc (emc_20-Dec-1999)and
> servotogoto board (8 axis). The x,y,z axis is working fine. But I am
> doubt how to setup the spindle?
> I thought the "SPINDLE_ON_INDEX=3" will active the third axis of
> servotogo board,but it is no response.
> Is any pin of servotogo board connect to SPINDEL_FORWARD_INDEX,
> SPINDLE_REVERSE_INDEX........?
> The emc is working fine even tick the Spindle function and MDI spindle
> command.

Depending on what EMCIO routine you use, the command bits
for spindle_forward, spindle_reverse, and spindle_brake come
out on some bits of the parallel port, usually.  Spindle_forward_index=3
would send the spindle forward command to bit # 3 of the parallel
port that is doing the auxilliary I/O.  I have this working this way
on my system.  The only reason to assign a servo-to-go axis
channel to the spindle would be to have the DAC send spindle
speed commands to the spindle drive (if you have a servo spindle
or VFD), but I don't believe this has been implemented, yet.
It is on the wish list.  I have a VFD, and I'd like to have the program's
spindle (S) command control it.