Re: Homebrew STG card - KISS

Hi Paul (& all interested in this),

Some time back, I mentioned a company - OpenCNC ..... since
they claimed CNC without proprietary cards .......  well, I received
a call from one of their sales persons, and he pointed me towards
another "standard" that might be worth looking at (from the
perspective of stealing ideas) called SERCOS (IEC 61491).

This standard is intended to pass data between a controller and
machine (servo amplifiers, etc.) in a real time system.

Following is a link to a company that makes a servo amplifier that
communicates with this standard, the page gives a brief overview,
etc.

http://www.sanyodenki.co.jp/techrepo/5e/e_p13.html

SERCOS themselves have a web page (http://www.sercos.com)
and going to their links page points at a few other pages worth
visiting.  (look into fieldbus and Profibus).

Not trying to make your life too difficult, but a few ideas may evolve
from looking at this stuff.

Regards,
George Potter
Placerville, California