Re: Homebrew STG card - KISS

On Sat, 04 Mar 2000, you wrote:
>> The problem is to plan for some sort of an overall architecture.  This creates
>> so much trouble - that I guess the best thing would be to just keep things
>> stupid simple.  Any homebrew card that would have what STG boards have, will
>> not be cheap and simple,  no matter what you do.  (IMO, cheaper Yes, simple No)
>
>When I initiated this thread, I made the assumption that EMC users would
>dedicate a PC to machine control. Therefor, using firewire, USB, or what ever,
>would not be part of the design brief. I agree with Arne (hi Arne,nice to see
>you back).

Hi Paul,

It looks like you are in business :)     I had not expected to be quoted and
used as promoter :)   When can we settle my fee ?

By the way, KISS is my trademark.  I have many projects with that name :)

Well anyway,  - I do think you are doing the right thing.  It is better to get
something rolling,  and start out as simple as possible.  It is always
possible to add things later.

I quote Tim here:
"no one expects to surf the internet or do graphics and word processing on a
Fanuc.."

Tim is of course wrong - he states that " no one expects" .  When you ask
anyone about what they would like to have - then it is a different ball game :)
But,  I think he said it very good. ( my fee has to be split with Tim now ? :)

Well,  keep us posted - and good luck.  ( I do have a STG - but I guess it is
to late to ask for a refund )

//ARNE