Re: Does it have to be RedHat 6.1 with the 2.2.13 Kernel?

                    John Guenther
                    <jguenthe-at-nafis.f        To:     Multiple recipients of list <emc-at-nist.gov>
                    p.trw.com>               cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Does it have to be RedHat 6.1 with the
                    emc-at-nist.gov             2.2.13 Kernel?

                    03/03/2000 11:15
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    emc

Fred,

I would like to know if it must be RedHat 6.1 with the 2.2.13 kernel or if
another distribution of linux with the 2.2.13 kernel will work?  I have
RedHat 6.1 and Slackware 7.  Slackware 7 came with the 2.2.13 kernel and I
would like to try it.  The platform I am installing or and RedHat 6.1 don't
seem to like each other very much, 5.2 is fine but 6.1 and this machine
don't like each other.  I thought I would try Slackware 7 if there is some
probability of success with EMC.  By the way, EMC is NOT the problem I have
with the machine I am using, I have not been successful getting 6.1
intalled at this time.

John Guenther

John:

I have been successful with slackware 7