Re: Corrupted superblock

> From: Clint Bach <clintbach-at-earthlink.net>
> The basic question is should I attempt to fix this drive or nuke it and
> start over?

Here are some pointers:

http://www.socsci.umn.edu/~worthen/linux/install-guide-2.2.2.html/node194.html

http://www.flug.dk/lg/issue32/tag_superblock.html

http://www.tangent.org/~brian/dict/sunsite.unc.edu/linux/LDP/sag/node47.html

In short, you might be able to fix it with fsck or e2fsck, or you may be out
of luck. I think you mentioned that you didn't unmount a drive before
shutting down and that may be (is!) the source of your troubles. I have been
in terrible shape before with ominous messages on the screen and once I ran
fsck on the drive (and answered yes to all the questions) all was well.

Matt