Re: Homebrew STG card

Matt Shaver wrote:

> > From: Paul Corner <Paul.Corner-at-tesco.net>
> > You asked about including analog inputs -
> > How many inputs, resolution, and bufferd or not ?
>
> I don't really know. That must sound strange, but I brought it up since the
> STG card has it. The only uses I can think of for this feature would be:

I thought of one other use!  I have a mini-EDM setup, which is
right now, open loop.  I'd like to have EMC (with some hacking)
control feed rate by watching the EDM current, and varying speed
to try to maintain constant current, but also being able to back off
and start feeding again when a short ocurrs.  This wouldn't be
too hard, but I think an analog input would make it a lot easier.