Re: Homebrew STG card

Paul and others

I'm not much help with this but I think that it's needed.  As we work
toward this, I'd like to see an interface or breakout board as well.  I'd
like to see some socketed chips or other protection for some of the
critical i/o.  I've seen mazak examples where a shorted wire will take out
the whole interface board.

I'd also like to see more than 24 i/o points.  Most of 24 will be taken up
with axis limits and homes.  With the new iosh and tkio stuff we can really
begin to write some plc programs that include tool and pallet changers and
stuff like that.

Ray

At 05:16 PM 2/26/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Chris & Clint
>
>> With this type of card and a "clear upgrade path from steppers to
>> servos" does this mean stepper axes could be mixed with servo axes?
>
>If and when EMC supports mix 'n match of stepper and servo drives, I would
hope
>this board could supply the interface.
>
>> Make the addressing jumper selectable if/when you do pc boards - not
>> everyone's computer has the same configuration.
>
>I totaly agree - The best way of implimenting it raises another issue.
Jumpers,