25th Feb problems

Hi,

I've just updated my system to the 25the Feb 2000 release of EMC and now I
can't get anything to work!

All the scripts which worked previously for steppers including backplot now
give the following error message:-

starting steppermod.o ... plat/rtlinux_09J/lib/steppermod.o: unresolved
symbol stepperCount can't install it

Is this a problem with the release or my installation?

Also,

When I tried generic.run, the machine locked up. I tried altering PERIOD in
emcfreqmot.c to 40 but it made no difference - should I have re-installed
EMC after making the change, the instructions in the .txt file are not
clear.

Thanks

Ian

--